Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart



I love peanut butter and chocolate together so when I found this recipe on Elana's pantry I knew I had to try it. I altered the recipe and used carob instead of chocolate and agave instead of yacon syrup, which is what the recipe calls for. It was so good. My alterations are in parentheses.

Ingredients for crust:
1 ½ cups peanuts, roasted
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons yacon syrup (I used agave)

Directions:
Grind the peanuts in a food processor to a fine meal (make a crunchy meal for a crunchier crust). Pulse in the salt and baking soda. Pulse in the grapeseed oil and yacon syrup and continue pulsing until the dough is formed. Remove dough from food processor and press into a 9 inch tart pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes, until fragrant and golden brown. Cool, then fill shell with chocolate pudding.

Ingredients for pudding:
1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, not lite
1 pinch celtic sea salt
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon agave nectar
3 tablespoons yacon syrup (I just used a total of 4 tablespoons of agave nectar)
5 drops stevia (I used chocolate flavored)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate 73% (I used one cup of carob chips)
shredded coconut for topping

Directions:
In a saucepan, heat coconut milk and salt over medium heat. Raise heat and sift the arrowroot powder into the pot, then whisk vigorously by hand or with a hand blender until thick. Whisk in agave, carob, stevia and vanilla. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes; add chocolate, stirring vigorously until melted. Chill for 10 minutes, then pour into cooled pie crust. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until firm, top with shredded coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment