Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baked Garlic and Olive Oil Pita Chips






It's nearly impossible for me to eat a sandwich without chips. I would like to say that I always make my own chips but it only happens once in a while. When I do make them myself, this is my favorite recipe. I use the Joseph’s low carb pitas (only 60 calories per pita) and brush them with an olive oil mixture. They are very good!

Ingredients:
Joseph’s low carb pitas
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
a generous sprinkle of dried basil

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together, using a pastry brush, brush the mixture on the front and back of the pitas. Cut pita into triangles, bake at 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes. These pitas are thin so keep checking them to make sure they don’t burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment